UNIVERSAL PERIODIC REVIEW
Nepal was reviewed by the UPR working group at the 10th UPR session in January 2011. A coalition of Nepalese NGOs submitted advance contributions to the review as did a number of national human rights bodies, including the National Dalit Commission.
- Read more about the Universal Periodic Review of Nepal, incl. links to reports and states’ recommendations
Nepal is up for its second review in 2015.
UN TREATY BODIES
The issue of caste discrimination in Nepal has been addressed by several UN treaty bodies, including the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, the Committee against Torture, and the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
UN SPECIAL PROCEDURES
- Read about UN Special Rapporteurs’ visits to Nepal (of particular relevance)
- See status of requests for country visits (OHCHR website)
- How to submit a complaint to UN Special Procedures
- Read more about the UN Special Procedures and caste discrimination