The International Dalit Solidarity Network is a human rights organisation working for the elimination of discrimination based on caste. We focus primarily on international advocacy work with the United Nations and European Union and on global awareness raising. The secretariat is based in Copenhagen.
We are looking for a person with solid experience in financial and administrative management, preferably of NGOs, and flair for and interest in supporting programme work. Good skills in relation to donor and narrative reporting are also required. Solid IT skills with a high proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook are necessary, as are good English writing skills. Flair for fundraising is an advantage.
The position is for six months with the possibility of extension and is a minimum 30 hours per week. Depending on qualifications and range of competencies of suitable candidate, the position may be up-graded to a full time position with some additional programme responsibility.
Our offices are on Rosenørns Allé 12, 1634 Copenhagen K, and the work is high-paced, in an engaging and informal environment.
The Programme Officer is responsible for
- management of administrative and financial systems, including preparation of financial reports and budgets in cooperation with the finance officer
- managing donor relations in accordance with their requirements including narrative reporting
- logistics around meetings and events
- running of the office, such as purchase of office supplies, contact with suppliers and public authorities etc.
- personnel administration
- support to network administration and governing bodies
- specific tasks related to IDSN’s programmes as may be designated
Skills and experiences required:
- Minimum three years’ experience in financial and administrative management, preferably from an NGO with an international outreach
- Experience in handling multiple donor grants
- Solid IT skills including a high-level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills (English and Danish)
- A good multi-tasker who is flexible and with a good sense of humour
- Experience from fundraising and personnel administration is an advantage
Commencement date as soon as possible, preferably in September, but for the right candidate October is also a possibility.
Salary is in accordance with the collective agreements of central government staff (AC-overenskomst).
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Monday the 3rd of August, 2015 before midnight.
For more information about IDSN go to www.idsn.org