The International Dalit Solidarity Network (IDSN) is a human rights organization working for the elimination of discrimination based on caste. We focus primarily on international advocacy work with the United Nations and European Union and on global awareness raising, facilitating those affected by caste discrimination to have their voices heard at the highest levels. The secretariat is based in Copenhagen.
We are looking for a Programme and Relationships Coordinator with relevant experience in the human rights field. The suitable candidate will have solid experience supporting programme work, initiating and managing donor relations and narrative reporting. The candidate is required to have excellent IT skills including a high proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook, and excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
The ability to work independently is also essential for the role and hence we are seeking a motivated self-starter with a dedicated approach. The ability to juggle a wide array of diverse tasks, and work efficiently within a small team is also necessary.
The position is 4-5 Days per week, depending on qualifications and competencies of suitable candidate, initially for six months with the possibility of extension. Our offices are in the centrally located Vartov building, Farvergade 27D (first floor) Copenhagen K 1463, and the work is in an engaging and informal environment.
Programme and Relationships Coordinator Responsibilities:
Managing relationships, project administration and reporting
- Liaison with donors and stakeholders regarding the requirements of ongoing projects
- Internal and external communication of project and programme progress including required outcomes and objectives
- Narrative reporting to donors on project outcome and objectives, in line with programme agreements, objectives and log frames
- Identifying new funding sources including relevant grants and calls for proposals.
- Preparation of funding applications and proposals in line with key funding priorities of relevant donors, including monitoring and evaluation tools such as project logical frames, objectives, measurement instruments and assumptions.
Administration & Logistical coordination
- Logistical and organisation support for conferences, events and meetings, including practical arrangements such as hotel bookings and transport arrangements
- Meeting administration including preparation of agendas and minute taking
- Co-ordination and co-operation with the Head of Finance and Book Keeper regarding documentation of costs, project budget requirements and assisting with per diems preparation
- Assistance to the Executive Director with programme, project and administrative tasks
- Governance and Board coordination
- News monitoring of politics in South Asia relevant to caste-based discrimination and affected populations
- Social media content creation and monitoring, specifically Facebook and Twitter posts that monitor, document and share information regarding Dalits, advancements in rights, situations in caste-affected countries and member organisations with adequate consideration to the political nature of the issues.
- Reporting activities and outcomes of projects to Head of Communications
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant academic university degree
- An understanding of caste-based discrimination and consequent inter-sectional issues including gender inequality is desirable
- Ideally at least 2-3 years (full time) experience within the non-profit sector, including preparation of funding applications and proposals that require monitoring and evaluation tools such as project logical frames, objectives, measurement instruments and assumptions
- Solid understanding of international advocacy, work with the international human rights framework including UN-EU institutions is an advantage
- Outstanding analytical and reporting skills
- High-level IT skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent fluency in English both oral and written
- A good multi-tasker who is flexible and with a good sense of humour
- Ability to work on own initiative and at times alone
- Experience from cross-cultural networking is an advantage
Commencement preferred mid–December, but for the right candidate flexible arrangements are possible.
Salary is in accordance with qualifications and the collective agreements of central government staff (AC-overenskomst).
Please title your email “Programme and Relationships Coordinator” in the subject field and send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 13 November 2017. Initial interviews planned in late November. For any questions or queries please email email@example.com or call +45 71355389.
For more information about IDSN go to www.idsn.org